How to Prepare for a Root Canal
Root canals are very common dental procedures, but that doesn’t stop them from being a little intimidating.
A root canal can preserve your natural tooth, preventing you from needing a tooth extraction. During the root canal procedure in Regina, SK, we remove the damaged tooth pulp. Then, we fill in the tooth.
The process may sound painful, but we leverage sedation dentistry to ensure your comfort (not as a specialist).
Preparing for your root canal can help the process and recovery go smoothly.
Here is what you should do before a root canal.
Things Not to Do Before a Root Canal
Let’s start with the things you should avoid doing before your root canal treatment:
- Stressing out about the procedure.
- Allowing anxiety to build up.
- Drinking alcohol.
- Letting questions and concerns build up in your mind without asking.
- Skipping meals.
Preparation Tips for a Root Canal
Root canals sound much scarier than they really are. Preparing for your appointment can help you feel better and recover better. Here is what you should do before a root canal:
- Eat a meal. You want to ensure that you are not hungry going into the procedure, as you may not be able to eat right after. Enjoy a nutritious meal a few hours before.
- Gather recovery materials. Root canal recovery is not a huge process, but you want to ensure you have ice and over-the-counter pain medications handy.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep helps you heal and will also ensure you aren’t overtired for the procedure. Practice some deep breathing and relaxation techniques so you can get a good night’s rest.
- Speak with your dentist. If you have questions or concerns about the root canal procedure, ask your dentist. This will help you feel more comfortable and confident.
Root Canals in Regina, SK
Following the steps for what to do before a root canal makes the process less intimidating. If you believe you may need a root canal in Regina, SK, Signature Smiles general dental clinic is here to help. Our dentist will assess your oral health and help you determine if a root canal is right for you.
Schedule your appointment with Signature Smiles today!
After you have a root canal, it is important to take care of your teeth to ensure proper healing. Here is How to Do Tooth Care After Root Canal?