Gum Disease Treatment In
Gum disease is a progressive oral health concern. It affects soft tissues, jaw bone and the stability of your teeth. Left untreated, it will get worse and harder to treat over time, causing permanent damage. If you believe you may have gum disease, visit Signature Smiles in Regina, SK as soon as possible. We offer gum disease treatment services in Regina, SK, and can help you preserve your smile.
Signs of Gum Disease
- Redness, tenderness, or swelling of the gums.
- Pus around the teeth and gums.
- Abnormal sensitivity to cold or hot.
- Bleeding gums when brushing or flossing.
- Painful gums when chewing.
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste.
Stages of Gum Disease
- Gingivitis. The earliest stage of gum disease, marked by dental plaque buildup at the gum line. This is a critical time for an intervention, as the disease can be reversed with treatment.
- Periodontitis. If left untreated, gingivitis will develop into periodontitis. The inflammation extends to the bone tissue and slowly causing bone loss. Gum disease treatment can still prevent further damage and save your teeth at this stage.
- Advanced periodontitis. There is an excessing loss of bone and teeth become loose at this stage. They may start shifting or even fall out. Your speech, eating, and bite will be dramatically affected, and treatment often requires tooth extraction.