Essentially, periodontal disease is a bacterial infection of the gums that happens when built-up plaque inflames gum tissue. Eventually, the bacteria infection makes its way into the gum pockets and can lead to tooth loss. Left untreated, periodontal disease will cause serious oral health problems, like destroying the bone and soft tissue of the tooth and jaw.
Signs of Periodontal Disease
- Teeth that appear longer. Periodontal disease can cause gum recession, making your teeth look longer.
- Inexplicable, persistent bad breath.
- Redness, swelling, or pain around the gum tissue or jaw bone.
- Unexplained bleeding when brushing, flossing or eating food.
- Loose teeth or a change in bite pattern.
- Oozing from in between teeth.
Periodontal Treatment Regina
Left untreated, periodontal disease can cause severe oral complications. Fortunately, there are many effective surgical and nonsurgical treatment methods for the disease. The best solution for you will depend on the extent of periodontal disease. One major key to successful treatment and optimal oral health is early intervention. The earlier you address periodontal disease, the less invasive treatment you can use, and the better outcome you can expect.
If you believe you have any signs of periodontal disease, now is the time to seek treatment. The dedicated, experienced team at Signature Smiles is here to offer the best periodontal disease treatment in Regina, SK. Schedule your appointment today on our simple online portal.