Preparing Your Child for a Tooth Extraction
Today, we will share some helpful tips for how to prepare your child for tooth extraction.
What is a
tooth extraction in a child?
For an extraction, we thoroughly numb the area. Using an elevator, we will loosen the tooth before extracting it with forceps. The process is not painful thanks to the numbing agents, and there are sedation options available.
How to Prepare Your Child for Tooth Extraction
- Explain the reason for the procedure and its importance.
- Emphasize that it is pain-free during the process.
- Allow your child to express any fears or anxieties about getting a baby tooth extracted or an adult tooth pulled.
- Work with your dentist to explain the aftercare process and what your child must do.
- Gather supplies for recovery with your child.
Children’s Dentist in Regina SK
The strategy for preparing a child for tooth extraction is to choose a dentist. The children’s dentists at Signature Smiles are here to help with all of your child’s dental needs including extraction (not as a specialist).
We will consider every other option before resulting to tooth extraction, but our goal is to help keep your child’s teeth healthy and clean. Schedule your appointment today with our easy online form!