How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath
One of the most common things that people express self-consciousness about is bad breath.
Whether you’re on an interview or at a date, bad breath can be a real pain. But as much as you may fear those around you getting a whiff, it’s also not something that is great for your own enjoyment.
When you search for how to fix bad breath, you’ll always hear about bruising and flossing. If you are not brushing your teeth twice daily or flossing each day, then you should certainly implement these oral hygiene practices.
However, bad breath also plagues those who do follow these key dental health practices. So what can you do?
Today, we’ll give you some tips for how to get rid of bad breath for good.
Read on to learn how to stop bad breath today!
Is There an Underlying Cause?
Finding the root cause of your bad breath is the key to stopping it in its tracks. What’s the cause of your bad breath?
Is oral lacking? Do certain foods trigger it? Or do you have an underlying condition?
Start with the good old cotton trick. Take a cotton gauze and wipe ion your tongue. Check to see if it has any yellow stains or foul odors. If you notice this, then you have high sulfur levels that contribute to bad breath.
Another common cause of bad breath is gingivitis or gum disease .
If you have gum swelling or bleeding, you may have gum disease. Bacteria and plaque buildup can cause gum disease over time. The best way to find out is to visit an experienced dentist.
Some other known causes of bad breath include:
- Garlic, chilis, and onions.
- Medications that cause dry mouth.
- Oral, throat, or nose infection.
- Certain diseases/medical conditions.
How to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Finding the cause of your bad breath will help you decide on the best strategies to get rid of bad breath.
Here are some helpful tips for how to fix bad breath:
- Follow good oral hygiene practices, like brushing and flossing daily.
- Use a tongue scraper to thoroughly clean your tongue.
- Address any gum disease.
- Chew on sugar-free gum or candy to help your mouth salivate.
- Consume fresh parsley or black tea.
- Eat enough vegetables and fruits to ensure your body has the antioxidants it needs to keep your mouth clean.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups and exams. Routine dental care helps address many causes of bad breath.
Dental Clinic in Regina, SK
You can certainly address your oral care at home, but the best way to prevent and treat bad breath is to visit Signature Smiles in Regina. Our dentists can help you address your dental care needs. If you’re looking for how to stop bad breath, then it’s time to visit our dental Clinic Regina SK.