At what age should I take my child to the dentist?
One of the most common questions that new or expecting parents ask is “when should I take my child to the dentist?”
Today, we’ll review the importance of early oral healthcare and explain when your child should go to the dentist.
When Do Kids Go to the Dentist?
For most kids, this happens around age 1. However, even if your child has not yet gotten their first tooth, you should bring them to the dentist by 12 months old. This may seem extreme, but in reality, is very important to bring kids to the dentist at a young age.
Early Dental Visit Benefits
- Get your child used to the dentist at an early age
- Build positive associations and experiences at the dentist
- Prevent anxiety and fear about going to the dentist
- Get to know the dental team and build a relationship that will help as your child ages
- Parental education for cleaning infant’s and toddler’s teeth
- Recommendations for finger-sucking
Children’s Dentist in Regina, SK
To ensure a great experience, you must choose an experienced children’s dentist in Regina, SK. As a general dentist who treats families of all ages, Signature Smiles is here to help. Our team has the knowledge and compassion to provide a great children’s dentistry atmosphere for your young one. Schedule your appointment with our children’s dentist today by clicking the button below!