Laser dentistry may sound like an incredible technology from a sci-fi movie, but it’s a modern treatment option that can benefit several oral conditions. Signature Smiles offers dental laser treatment services in Regina, SK. Let us help you transform your smile with laser dentistry!
What is Laser Dentistry?
As the name suggests, laser dentistry involves the use of lasers to treat various dental conditions. The laser creates light energy in a narrow, focused beam that can shape or remove tissue once it comes into contact. Compared to other treatment options, laser procedures are precise, minimize bleeding, and heal faster.
When is Dental Laser Treatment used?
Lasers have been used since the 90s in dentistry. Dental laser treatment is used during various dental treatments, including:
- Teeth whitening. Lasers can speed up in-office teeth whitening treatments. The laser energy will activate the peroxide bleaching solution, speeding up the whitening process.
- Gum disease or gum contouring. Dentists can use lasers to remove inflamed gum tissue to allow for better access to deep scaling or reshape the gums and rectify gummy smile.
- Root canal. A laser can remove the dental pulp and organic debris from an infected tooth and prepare it for a dental filling.
- Tooth decay. Lasers can remove decay within a tooth and get it ready for a filling.
- Biopsy/Lesion removal. Lasers can also extract small pieces of tissue that require closer examination. The lasers may also remove lesions in the mouth and help alleviate pain from canker sores.
Dental Laser Treatment in Regina
At Signature Smiles, our dentists have training and experience in the safe use of a laser to treat many dental conditions. We’ll make sure you enter your laser dental surgery with confidence and have a positive experience during the treatment. To learn more about our laser dentistry or schedule your dental laser treatment in Regina, SK, schedule your appointment online today HERE.