Checkups for Kids
It’s crucial to have routine checkups for kids at least every 6 months. During the cleaning and checkup, your dentist for kids will be able to identify any early signs or oral health issues. Being able to identify dental health issues early is essential for early, effective treatment. For example, a small cavity can be reversed with fluoride-rich toothpaste.
The doctor will also evaluate the oral care habits of kids and help them learn more about taking care of their teeth. Every kids’ dental appointment in our Regina office includes a cavity screening, gum evaluation, bite analysis, and x-ray evaluation.
Oral Health Recommendations
- Visit a dentist within six months of the signs of the first tooth or by age one.
- Use bottles for bedtime only with water. Napping or sleeping with milk or juice can cause tooth decay
- Drink from a cup after the age of one.
- Breaking the thumb sucking habit by the age of 2
- Don’t use sugary substances on pacifiers
- Limit sugary snacks and juices, and brush immediately after.
- Use a child toothbrush with only a pea-size amount of toothpaste
- Clean gums while the teeth are coming in.
- Supervise teeth cleaning and brushing activities until the age of 8.
- Make sure they are receiving the correct amount of fluoride by talking with your kids’ dentistry doctor.
- Clean pacifiers or utensils with water.
Dentist for Kids in Regina
At Signature Smiles in Regina, SK, we offer a professional and fun dental experience for aa children. We challenge ourselves to help each of our little patients understand the importance and good oral health both at home and in the chair of practice in Regina, SK. We partner with them to develop a dental care routine that will keep their teeth healthy and strong.
To schedule an appointment for kids’ dentistry, visit our online portal 24/7.