If you’re looking for a kid’s dentist clinic in Regina, SK, then look no further than Signature Smiles general dentists. We offer high-quality kids’ dental care for patients in and around Regina, SK (not as a specialist). Our dental team is committed to helping your children develop effective oral hygiene care habits.
Routine Dental Checkups for Kids
It’s crucial to have routine checkups for kids at least every 6 months. During the cleaning and checkup, your dentist for kids will be able to identify any early signs or oral health issues. Being able to identify dental health issues early is important for early, effective treatment. For example, a small cavity can often be managed with fluoride-rich toothpaste.
The dentist will also evaluate the oral care habits of kids and help them learn more about taking care of their teeth. Every dentist for kids’ appointment in Regina, SK includes a cavity screening, gum evaluation, bite analysis, and x-ray evaluation (not by a specialist).
Oral Health Recommendations
- Visit a dentist within six months of the signs of the first tooth or by age one.
- Use bottles for bedtime only with water. Napping or sleeping with milk or juice can cause tooth decay
- Drink from a cup after the age of one.
- Breaking the thumb sucking habit by the age of 2
- Don’t use sugary substances on pacifiers
- Limit sugary snacks and juices, and brush immediately after.
- Use a child toothbrush with only a pea-size amount of toothpaste
- Clean gums while the teeth are coming in.
- Supervise teeth cleaning and brushing activities until the age of 8.
- Make sure they are receiving the correct amount of fluoride by talking with your kids’ dentistry doctor.
- Clean pacifiers or utensils with water.
Dentist for Kids in Regina
For kids’ dental care in Regina, SK, look no further than Signature Smiles. We offer many kids dental services all with a warm, welcoming environment for kids of all ages. Make dental hygiene a habit for your kids by bringing them to Signature Smiles kids’ dental clinic in Regina, SK (not by a specialist). We look forward to working with your kids to help keep their teeth healthy and clean. Easily schedule an appointment for kids’ dental care on our simple online portal.