At Signature Smiles our goals when treating a patient is to help them have a beautiful, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime. We call it your signature smile. To accomplish our goal, we provide our clients with some personal home care tips. These tips play an important role in ensuring that our patients achieve the goal.
Reducing the number of snacks you eat along with a balanced meal and using various dental aids that control plaque and bacteria help to reduce the chances of dental disease.
• Proper dental hygiene includes brushing, flossing and rinsing. Regarding brushing your teeth, we provide the following tips:
• Brush at least twice a day approved soft bristle brush and toothpaste.
• Place the brush at a 45-degree angle to the gums brush gently using small circular motions.
• The outer, inner and biting surfaces of each tooth needs to be gently brushed.
• Clean the inside of the front teeth with the tip of the brush.
• Remove bacteria and freshen your breath by brushing your tongue.
As for flossing, we recommend flossing at least once a day. Tips for the best flossing results are as follows:
• Utilize 30-40cm of dental floss and wrap it around your middle fingers, leaving about 5cm of floss between the hands.
• Insert the floss between teeth by using your thumb and forefingers and use a sawing motion.
• Surround each tooth and under the gumline by making a "C". Gently move the floss up and down, cleaning the side of each tooth.
And finally, for rinsing it is important to rinse your mouth after brushing and flossing. If you are unable to brush after eating, rinsing is recommended.