I am undergoing chemotherapy and/or radiation for cancer treatment, how can this affect my mouth?
It is important to see Dr. Konotopetz before chemotherapy or radiation treatments begin. These therapies can cause a number of problems including:
- Dry mouth
- Bleeding gums and lining of the mouth
- Soreness and pain in the mouth
- Mouth sores
There are treatments for these issues that can be recommended by Dr. Konotopetz.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I go to the dentist regularly?
- How can I get my kids to brush their teeth?
- Is it necessary to see my dentist if I have dentures?
- How can I prevent cavities?
- What is periodontal disease?