Can pregnancy affect my mouth?
Over half of women experience pregnancy gingivitis. The condition can cause swelling, bleeding, redness and tenderness of gum tissue.
Periodontal disease may affect the health of babies. Studies have shown a relationship between periodontal disease and preterm, low birth-weight babies.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I go to the dentist regularly?
- How can I get my kids to brush their teeth?
- Is it necessary to see my dentist if I have dentures?
- How can I prevent cavities?
- What is periodontal disease?